Wednesday, January 20, 2016

How to Get a Natural Look for Summer

The natural look evokes freshness and youth, something that we all want to feel in the summer time. The natural look flatters women of all ages.You don't need to apply a ton of products and makeup. Just find the right ones that complement your natural skin tone to show off your clear, luminous face.

I know it's a bit early for most of my international readers for a summer post but here in Manila, the heat has started and sometimes it already feels like summer so I thought I'd write this post to get you ladies ready.

Start with a clean and clear slate

I already discussed this with you in my last post. If you want to get a clear face, check this out. 

Use a good primer


This one from L'Oreal hides the pores to create a flawless look. If you have good skin, you can get away with just this product. 




For the eyes, I like the Too Faced Lemon Drop. You can wear it as is or under eye shadow.

Foundation


Like I said, if you already have good skin, you can skip foundation. If you really must, find a light foundation that matches your skin tone. I really like True Match from L'Oreal. It's affordable and matches my skin tone perfectly after it oxidizes. If you are acidic like me, be sure to tell the sales attendant so that she can give you the right shade. 



Brows

You want natural looking brows for summer. I recommend this brow kit from Laura Mercier to fill in sparse areas of your brows. You can also just use this pen from K-Palette. Don't forget to brush your brows with a spoolie to keep them groomed. 



Eye shadow

You can skip the eye shadow but if you really must, choose a natural shade. One or two shades will do. Of course, nothing beats the NAKED palette from Urban Decay when it comes to the natural look. 


As for the mascara, it is entirely up to you. I usually skip mascara as I am allergic to it. So, that decision is yours.


Concealers and Sun Powder

If you are not using foundation, cover up dark areas and blemishes with a good concealer and corrector. I am a huge fan of Bobbi Brown Correctors. As for the concealer, try this one from Benefit. 



Get a huge brush and apply some sun powder all over your face and neck. I like this one from Laneige. 

Blush

For summer, I usually reach out for tints and my favorite tints are from Benefit. This one is Cha Chat Tint that gives me a nice mango hue on my cheeks. Dab some powder blush like this one from the MAC Wonder Woman collection over it and your cheek tint will not move. 


Highlight


Since it's summer, you want to highlight those gorgeous cheekbones. I recommend these products - one,  the Clinique Chubby Stick Highlighter; two, Benefit Girl Meets Pearl; three, Guerlain Meteorites. 


Lips

A lot of you may not be comfortable with just a nude lip. I know I am. Aside from the color, I also need some hydration on my lips. I like these products.



Clinique Chubby Sticks will allow you to skip the lip balm, same with L'Oreal's Glossy Balm. I need my Ocean Potion, especially in the summer, to avoid lip sores. The Himalaya Herbals Lip Balm does wonders to my dry lips. 

You can also use a nude lipstick or choose a color that blends well with your natural lip tone. This Fairy Touch from L'Oreal is a good match for me. 


Mist

Before you go, spritz some mist on like this one from The Body Shop (but this one is a bit oily) or this one from Vichy which is very refreshing. You can also just use Evian. My son and I love the one from Vichy. I always carry it with me wherever we go. 



Now you are ready to conquer your summer adventures! 

Feel free to Pin this to your board for reference or share it with your friends. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails